1. Kindergarten students are dismissed by their teachers to their families or to the YMCA aftercare program by their classrooms. Rooms 1 and 2 dismiss on the west side of their classrooms. Rooms 17 and 18 dismiss outside their gate in the front; and room 3 dismisses just north of their class. First and second grade students dismiss with their teachers to their families or aftercare program on their numbers on the big yard (Rooms 15&16 dismiss right outside their classrooms); and grades 3 – 5 students meet their families on the big yard near their numbers or go to their aftercare program.
2. Students who would like to take advantage of our valet pick-up program meet their families at the Garfield Gate. Students in grades K-1 will be escorted by Ms. Chin or Coach Jordan from their classrooms to the Garfield gate. Students in grades 2-5 will walk to the Garfield Gate and meet the principal or one of our teachers’ assistants. You can arrange a valet pick up by emailing Principal Jenkins. Parents should also let their teachers know. If you need valet on the day of the pick-up, you must email Principal Jenkins by 2:00 PM. Valet pick-up runs until 02:50 PM (or 01:50 PM on Tuesdays), at which time students in grades K-1 will be escorted to the office. Students in grades 2-5 will wait on the yard with Coach Elliot from After School Youth Services. Please do not park and leave your car in the valet pick-up area marked with cones. Thanks.
3. The front door is reserved for staff and parents who have office/school business. Please ring the buzzer and wait to be buzzed in.
4. Children walking home cross at crosswalks only.
5. Students in grades 2-5 being picked up late will wait on the playground where there is adult supervision. All students must be signed up with an after care program. Kindergarten and first grade students will be taken to the office. Please understand, though, that the office staff is not equipped to supervise children.
6. Students in grades 2 – 5 who choose to play after school or are signed up with STAR or Mad Science™ and stay before or after their class need to sign up for the After School Playground Youth Services with Coach Elliot. The YMCA aftercare program is for all students and is a “for fee” program. All care programs end at 06:00 PM.
7. STAR Nova and Mad Science™ start the weeks of September 9, 2019 and September 23, 2019 respectively. Flyers will come home for registration. Scholarships are available and are need based for financial and academic reasons.
8. Once students have left the campus, they are not to return, unless with their families. This is a safety issue.
9. Families who wish to stay on campus with their children so that they can play on the yard must directly supervise them at all times. This is a safety issue. Parents who do not abide by this policy may be asked not to remain on campus after school.
10. Skateboards, scooters, Zucas, and bicycles sho